Part I: General Terms and Conditions
2. Reservation of Rights:
The ParkWhiz name, logo, all related product and service names, design marks, and slogans are the trademarks or registered trademarks of ParkWhiz, Inc. All other product and service marks contained herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. You may not use any ParkWhiz or third party trademarks or logos without the prior written consent of ParkWhiz or the applicable trademark owner.
The service provided by ParkWhiz is limited to: informing our customers of the location and apparent availability of parking, and providing customers the ability to book parking. Despite the convenience of our service, the decision to utilize the parking information remains the customer’s responsibility and they assume that risk. The allocation of parking spaces within a lot is solely in the control of the lot attendant or uncontrolled if not attended. We therefore cannot be responsible for any consequences arising from the lack of suitable parking. In all cases the parking arrangement will be governed by the agreement with the operator of the parking facility as posted at their location or provided to you by them.
For clarification, ParkWhiz does not:
- Provide a parking service, operate a parking lot, or otherwise accept custody of motor vehicles; that service is provided by others and they are in no way our agents or acting on our behalf;
- Accept any responsibility whatsoever regarding the safety of persons or property in the locations selected by our customers;
- Warrant that the internet, our website or any email from us is free of 'viruses' or other potentially harmful effects;
- Endorse the use of cell phones while driving;
- Guarantee the availability of a specific parking spot in the location you selected;
- Assume any responsibility whatsoever for the consequences of not being able to park or delays associated with parking.
This Site is intended for personal, noncommercial use (except by Sellers and Developers in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions set forth below). You may not use robots or other automated means to access this Site, unless specifically permitted by ParkWhiz. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of your use of this Site. You agree to promptly update your membership information (if applicable) in order to keep it current, complete, and accurate.
Please be aware that even if you do not give us your real name, your web browser transmits a unique internet address to us that can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you. Fraudulent users will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard-copy portions of this Site for the sole purpose of using this Site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials or Content on this Site, including reproduction for a purpose other than that noted above without ParkWhiz's prior written consent is prohibited.
ParkWhiz, Inc. makes no representation or warranty, and hereby disclaims any and all liability, with regard to the sufficiency of the security measures used for data handling and storage. ParkWhiz, Inc. will not be responsible for any actual or consequential damages that result from a security breach or technical malfunction.
4. User Comments, Feedback, and Other Submissions:
All comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas disclosed, submitted or offered to ParkWhiz in connection with your use of this Site (collectively, "Comments"), shall be and remain the exclusive property of ParkWhiz, Inc. and may be used by ParkWhiz in any medium and for any purpose worldwide without obtaining your specific consent. For example, your Comments could be used on this Site and in radio, television, and print advertisements. Your first name, first initial of your last name, and town and state may be used with any Comments you submit. ParkWhiz is not under any obligation to maintain your Comments (and the use of your first name and first initial of your last name with any comments) in confidence, to pay to you any compensation for any Comments submitted, or to respond to any of your Comments. You agree you will be solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make.
5. Links to Other Web Sites and Services:
To the extent this Site contains links to outside services and resources, any such links are provided for your convenience only. We do not control those outside services or resource providers, and we are not responsible for their contents or practices, including their privacy practices. We do not endorse the operators of those outside services or resource providers, nor do we endorse or make any representations with respect to the contents of their websites or any products or services offered on those websites. Any concerns regarding such services or resources should be directed to the particular outside service or resource provider. ParkWhiz does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information or content included on the websites of these outside services and resources.
6. User Accounts:
In order to fully participate in all Site activities, you must register for a personal account on the Site (a "User Account") by providing an email address and a password for your User Account. You agree that you will never divulge or share access information to your User Account with any third party for any reason. You also agree to that you will create, use, and access only one User Account, and that you will not access the Site using multiple User Accounts. The creation of multiple accounts is a violation of this Agreement.
7. Ownership; Sublicensing:
The Site contains various information in the form of data, text, graphics, and other materials from ParkWhiz and third parties (the "Site Content"). You acknowledge that this Site and various elements contained therein are protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights, and that these worldwide rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies existing now and hereinafter developed. You also acknowledge that the Site Content is and shall remain the property of ParkWhiz or its licensors. You agree to comply with all intellectual property laws and you shall not encumber any interest in or assert any rights to the Site Content. You may not modify, transmit, participate in the sale or transfer of, or create derivative works based on any Site Content, in whole or in part.
As between ParkWhiz and you:
- ParkWhiz retains all rights, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights embodied in or associated with the Site, including, without limitation, the API, Database, ParkWhiz Content, trademarks, and any and all ParkWhiz services and any content created or derived therefrom (collectively, the "ParkWhiz IP"); and
- You and, to the extent applicable, your suppliers retain all rights, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights embodied in or associated with your site and your Application, excluding those above and any other intellectual property rights owned by ParkWhiz.
There are no implied licenses under this Agreement, and any rights not expressly granted to you hereunder are reserved by ParkWhiz or its suppliers. You shall not take any action inconsistent with ParkWhiz's ownership of ParkWhiz IP. Neither party shall exceed the scope of the licenses granted hereunder. All license rights (under any applicable intellectual property right) granted herein are non-sublicenseable, non-transferable and non-assignable.
ParkWhiz makes no guarantees with respect to the availability or uptime of the ParkWhiz Site, the API, the ParkWhiz Content, or the Database. ParkWhiz may conduct maintenance on any of the foregoing at any time with or without notice to you.
9. Termination of Usage:
User access to all or part of this Site may be terminated or suspended at any time, without notice and for any reason.
10. Disclaimer and Liability Limit:
The Site, the Site Content, the API, the Database, and any other materials and products on this Site are provided "AS IS" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. We assume no responsibility for the accuracy of any information contained on our Site, for any interruptions or errors in accessing our Site, or for any viruses or other harmful components contained on our Site or the server from which our Site is made available. We make no warranties or representations regarding the use of the materials in this Site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise. WE DO NOT MAKE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO OUR SITE OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH OUR SITE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR A COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR SUCCESSORS BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOST DATA OR INFORMATION, LOSS OF USE OF OUR SITE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, COSTS OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR DOWNTIME COSTS) RELATING TO THE SITE, THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED ON OUR SITE, RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR OTHER USE OF OUR SITE, OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PRESENTED ON OUR SITE, EVEN IF WE ARE INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
ParkWhiz's liability to you or anyone else in any circumstance is limited to the lesser of (a) $100, and (b) the total dollar amount of all parking booked via ParkWhiz in the 12 months prior to the action allegedly giving rise to liability. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you.
In accordance with applicable state law certain warranties or limitations of liability may not be excluded and therefore may not apply to you specifically. In such case our liability will be limited to the highest extent permitted by law.
11. Copyright Complaints:
If you believe this Site contains any content that infringes your copyright, please contact our Copyright Agent, as detailed below, with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or duly authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
To contact our Copyright Agent, please write, call or email to:
Attn: Legal Department - Todd Tucker
208 S. Jefferson St., Suite 403
Chicago, IL 60661
12. Governing Law:
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without regard to its provisions governing conflicts of law. If we allege that you have infringed or threatened to infringe our intellectual property rights, then, in addition to any other rights and remedies we may have, we may seek any preliminary or permanent injunctive relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the State of Illinois and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
13. Arbitration Clause:
Unless you and ParkWhiz agree otherwise, any arbitration hearing between ParkWhiz and a Buyer will take place in the county of your billing address, and any arbitration hearing with a Seller or Developer will take place in the county in which you have your principal place of business. If AAA arbitration is unavailable in your county, the arbitration hearing will take place in the nearest available location for AAA arbitration. If your claim is for ten thousand dollars ($10,000) or less, the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted by all parties to the arbitrator, unless determined a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds ten thousand dollars ($10,000), your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules.
The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and formation of this clause. The arbitrator will render an award within the time frame specified in the AAA Rules. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator’s decision shall be final and binding on all parties. The arbitrator may award any individualized remedies that would be available at court. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claims. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses, to the extent provided under applicable law. The arbitrator’s decision and judgment shall have no precedential or collateral estoppel effect.
This Arbitration Clause shall not apply to the following types of claims: 1) violation of ParkWhiz’s intellectual property rights; 2) violation of the Non-Solicit Clause of this Agreement; 3) violation of the Coupon Use Clause of this Agreement; and 4) claims that may not be subject to arbitration as a matter of law.
The below policies may be superseded by requirements or obligations imposed by statute, regulation, or legal process. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our usage agreement, please email us at email@example.com.
Part II: Additional Terms and Conditions Specific to Buyers
1. Booked Parking Usage:
Users who book parking through the Site ("Buyers") must present the ParkWhiz parking pass in accordance with the instructions included with the booking to receive their reserved parking space on the day of reservation. If the Buyer does not present the parking pass to the Seller, the driver will not get credit for their online payment and this online payment will not be refunded at a later date. If you arrive early or stay past you parking time you will be charged the posted rates, and not the booked rate.
Buyers are responsible for ensuring they arrive at their booked parking location. ParkWhiz is not liable for road closures or changing traffic conditions.
The parking booked is valid only for the times listed on the parking pass.
It is the customer’s responsibility to comply with any and all rules or regulations posted by garage operators. If a parking facility allows tailgating on its premises, it is the customer's responsibility to comply and check any local city ordinance codes on what is permissible (e.g., no open flames, no cooking, etc.).
Resale of ParkWhiz parking passes is not permitted.
2. Coupon Use:
Buyers are required to abide by all terms and conditions associated with ParkWhiz coupons and discounts. Accordingly, Buyers may not post codes or distribute them in any other manner as all such codes are non-transferable and are generally intended only for one-time use. ParkWhiz, in its sole discretion, may suspend your account for violation of this term. Furthermore, any continued violations may result in the immediate termination of any and all of your accounts, without notice. ParkWhiz reserves the right to seek any and all legal remedies available to us, both at law and in equity; including, but not limited to, monetary damages or injunctive relief.
If you have a coupon that automatically applies to any booking on your account, it can only be used when you are signed into that account and will not be applied to any bookings made under a guest account. Additionally, any credits you may receive, for any reason, can only be used when you are logged into your account and will not be transferred to another user’s account or booking made from a different account.
3. Cancellations and Refunds:
Parking booked through ParkWhiz.com is fully refundable up to the start of the reservation unless noted otherwise. Parking customers can cancel their booking for any reason before this time. If the parking garage operator or owner cannot fulfill the parking space or false information about the parking is provided, ParkWhiz will hold the operator or owner liable to reimburse Buyer.
Sellers will not be charged any fees for canceled bookings.
After the start of the parking reservation, all bookings are non-refundable, even if the Buyer was unable to use the parking.
4. Event Cancellations and Contingent Events:
Unfortunately, the circumstances surrounding postponed events are unpredictable. Although we will try to help you resolve your parking situation, we are not responsible for postponed events, partial performances, or venue, date, or time changes. No refunds will be issued.
5. Pricing and Lowest Price Guarantee:
All parking prices on ParkWhiz.com are set directly by the parking garage owner or operator, not ParkWhiz.
Parking advertised on ParkWhiz.com as "Lowest Price Guaranteed" is guaranteed to be the cheapest parking rate available for that specific time and parking location. Parking rates not advertised as "Lowest Price Guaranteed" may differ from the drive-up rates, if available.
6. Bulk Reservation Purchase Requests:
By completing and submitting the Bulk Purchases Request you acknowledge and agree to be bound to these additional terms and conditions:
- ParkWhiz will be selecting and purchasing parking reservations on your behalf;
- You agree to allow ParkWhiz to charge your credit card that is on file on the date of the reservation;
- ParkWhiz will use its best efforts to accommodate your exact request as submitted; however, there is no guarantee that ParkWhiz will be able to fulfill your request as made;
- When fulfilling a Bulk Reservation Request, ParkWhiz will default to select a parking facility that is closest to your requested destination;
- ParkWhiz will use its best efforts to minimize all costs associated with the reservation and charged to your credit card;
- You understand that requests may be fulfilled at multiple parking facilities based on varying factors including but not limited to:
- The number of parking spaces you need reserved;
- The destination;
- The size of the parking facilities; and
- The availability of parking space;
- You also understand that all parking spaces may not be next to each other within any given facility and that only a space is being reserved not a location within the facility;
- ParkWhiz will contact you should any issues arise in fulfilling your request;
- Once a request is fulfilled it is your sole responsibility to contact ParkWhiz should any changes or cancellations need to be made.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discern the source code, algorithms, file formats, or interface protocols of the Seller Console or of any files contained in or generated by the Seller Console;
- Copy, modify, adapt, or translate the Seller Console;
- Resell, distribute or sublicense the Seller Console, make the Seller Console available on a "service bureau" basis, or otherwise allow any third party to use or access the Seller Console;
- Remove or modify any proprietary marking or restrictive legends placed on the Seller Console; or
- Use the Seller Console in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- A sale is cancelled for any reason;
- An adjustment is made under our ParkWhiz Guarantee;
- Reasonably believe that a Seller has committed fraud or other illegal acts or omissions during any buying or selling activity; or
- Seller provides incorrect or misrepresented parking and/ or parking related services for any booking or portion thereof.
- Enable the software application that you develop, own and operate (your "Application") to interact with the ParkWhiz public database (the "Database") and retrieve therefrom information necessary to facilitate the use of www.ParkWhiz.com and all other web sites that are owned or operated by ParkWhiz (collectively, the "ParkWhiz Site") by third parties through your Application in accordance with this Agreement (the "Permitted Use");
- Make limited intermediate copies of the ParkWhiz Content only as necessary to perform an activity permitted under this Agreement; and
- You shall not use the API, the Database or the ParkWhiz Content in any way not expressly permitted or granted under this Agreement;
- During the term of this Agreement and following its expiration or early termination, you shall not use (or facilitate use of) any alternative means such as robots, spyders, scraping or other technology to access, query or use the ParkWhiz Site, the Database or ParkWhiz Content to obtain any information, other than as provided by ParkWhiz to you pursuant to this Agreement;
- You shall not distribute, publish, facilitate, enable or allow access or linking to the ParkWhiz Content or Database from any location or source other than through your Application;
- You shall not provide ParkWhiz Content to any third parties not expressly authorized by this Agreement and you shall not permit or enable third parties to copy or obtain ParkWhiz Content from your Application or your site in any unauthorized manner including, but not limited to, the use of using robots, spyders, scraping or any other technology;
- You shall not collect personally identifiable information of any user of the ParkWhiz Site through your Application;
- You shall not modify, decompile, attempt to reverse engineer, reverse engineer, or otherwise alter the API or the Database;
- You shall not commercialize (i.e., sell, rent or lease), copy, store or cache the ParkWhiz Content, other than for the intermediate purposes allowed by this Agreement;
- You shall not collect any confidential information belonging to ParkWhiz through your Application;
- Your Application and your use of the API, ParkWhiz Content and Database shall not:
- be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- infringe on any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other property rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- violate any law, statute, ordinance, contract or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing financial services, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination or false advertising);
- be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or other personal information; or
- create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of any internet service provider or other suppliers;
- You shall not use the ParkWhiz Content in any manner that competes directly or indirectly with ParkWhiz.
- You agree to maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of all information provided to you by ParkWhiz and to use such information only as intended under this Agreement;
- You agree to adhere at all times to reasonable security practices, as specified in current industry literature on topics relevant to your interaction with ParkWhiz; and
- You agree to immediately notify ParkWhiz in writing upon your discovery of a breach in security of your facility, systems, or site where ParkWhiz Content or data relating to any use of the ParkWhiz Site has been acquired by an unauthorized person.
Part III: Additional Terms and Conditions Specific to Sellers
1. Order of Precedence:
In the event that a Seller has entered into a separate written Seller Agreement with ParkWhiz and such Seller Agreement includes terms or conditions that conflict with the terms and conditions in this Part III, the terms and conditions of the Seller Agreement shall govern.
Each party shall not, and shall cause its affiliates not to, during the term of the Agreement and for two (2) years after the termination of the Agreement, directly or indirectly, on your own behalf or on the behalf of a third party, solicit or employ any employee of the other party or its affiliates without written consent of the other party; provided that, neither party shall be precluded from hiring any person who responds to a general solicitation or advertisement not targeted specifically at employees of the other party or its affiliates.
You agree that violation of this section will result in irreparable harm to ParkWhiz and that monetary damages will be inadequate to compensate ParkWhiz for such violation. Thus ParkWhiz shall be entitled to seek equitable relief, including but not limited to specific performance or injunctive relief to enforce this section. ParkWhiz reserves the right to seek any and all other remedies available at law or in equity for violation of this section.
3. Seller Console:
As between ParkWhiz and you, ParkWhiz retains title to and ownership of the Seller Console, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights relating thereto. You will have no rights with respect to the Seller Console other than those expressly granted under this Agreement.
By listing parking for booking on ParkWhiz, the Seller agrees to honor any parking sold. All information provided in the ParkWhiz listing must be accurate. If the Seller cannot fulfill the parking space or false information about the parking is provided, ParkWhiz will hold the Seller liable to reimburse the Buyer for their expense. If Seller continues to have issues with fulfillment ParkWhiz reserves the right to suspend or terminate Seller’s account until which time fulfillment is no longer an issue.
Note: It is illegal to sell parking that you do not own or have the authority to sell, including but not limited to street parking. Any violations of this law will result in the immediate termination of your ParkWhiz account. ParkWhiz reserves the right to request proof of your ownership of parking or authority to sell parking in a particular location.
ParkWhiz guarantees payment to the Seller for all bookings fulfilled by the Seller. Payment will be issued in the form of a printed check or electronic bank transfer at the Seller's request which will be processed in no more than 10 business days.
You accept exclusive responsibility for filing and paying all relevant and applicable local, state, and federal taxes. ParkWhiz shall have no obligation to collect or remit any taxes on your behalf. You shall indemnify ParkWhiz from and against any costs, claims, and other liability incurred as a result of your failure to comply with your obligations under this clause.
7. Contact Information:
The Buyer’s name and contact information is provided to Sellers for the sole purpose of ensuring the parking booking is fulfilled and may not be used by the Seller for any other purpose. This information is to be considered confidential information belonging to ParkWhiz and is not be shared with any third party, for any reason without prior written consent of ParkWhiz.
Sellers must submit a phone number for each parking location they list on ParkWhiz. Buyers will be provided with this number to call in the event of a problem with their parking. Buyers will be eligible for a refund at the Seller's expense if this number is not answered during the parking reservation period.
8. Making Adjustments:
Sellers authorize us to withhold payment or charge their credit card account any amount owed to ParkWhiz if:
9. ParkWhiz Fulfillment Dispute Resolution:
The ParkWhiz Fulfillment Dispute Resolution strives to provide Buyers the protection and motivation to book their parking at ParkWhiz.com. Thus, we require Sellers to comply with our resolution process in case a Buyer files a claim that they did not receive parking. Sellers permit us to make a final decision, on any claim that a Buyer files with ParkWhiz under the policy. If we resolve a dispute in the Buyer's favor, we will refund the Buyer for the cost of the parking, and we will require the Seller to reimburse us for the refund. Any ParkWhiz fees for the booking will be refunded to the Seller. A warning notice will also be sent to the Seller.
For future claims where the Seller is found at fault after a warning has been issued, we will notify the Seller and continue to charge the Seller for any reimbursements made under the policy. In addition, we reserve the right to charge a $15 fee to cover chargebacks and other associated bank charges. ParkWhiz maintains the right to suspend or terminate a Seller's account if we suspect abuse or continuous account violations.
10. Grant of License:
You grant ParkWhiz a perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free right to exercise publicity, database, trademark and copyright rights, including the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display on the Site and on the sites of our partners and affiliated companies, any content you may provide to ParkWhiz in connection with your use of ParkWhiz and its Services. You agree that ParkWhiz shall be permitted to use your name or user ID, home city and other ancillary information (for example, the number of years you have been a ParkWhiz user) in conjunction with ParkWhiz's marketing, promotion and publicity efforts in any media known now or in the future.
You agree to indemnify and hold ParkWhiz and (if applicable) any parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, attorneys, agents, and employees; harmless against any claim or demand for all liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred by ParkWhiz and (if applicable) any parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, attorneys, agents, and employees that arise out of any claim asserted by a third party that involves, relates to, or concerns any of your actions or omissions on this Site, including but not limited to your breach of this Agreement, your violation of any law, or the rights of a third party.
Part IV: Additional Terms and Conditions Specific to Developers
1. API License:
You may engage in the activities permitted above solely for the Permitted Use.
ParkWhiz shall provide you with confidential security keys and related passwords, if necessary (collectively, the "Client ID") that will permit you to access the Database. The Client ID is the property of ParkWhiz and may be immediately revoked or terminated by ParkWhiz if you share the same with any third party, if compromised by a third party or if you use or access the API, ParkWhiz Content or the Database in any way not expressly permitted under this Agreement. ParkWhiz reserves the right to modify, change, update and/or enhance the API, permitted API calls, the Database, the Permitted Use and/or the ParkWhiz Site (each a "Modification") at any time with or without notice to you in ParkWhiz's sole and exclusive discretion. You acknowledge and agree that such Modifications may affect your Application and/or your site and may require you to make changes to your Application and/or your site at your cost to enable your Application and/or your site to continue to be compatible with and/or interface with, the API, Database or the ParkWhiz Site. Without limiting the "Disclaimer of Other Warranties and Limitation of Liability" section below, ParkWhiz shall not be liable for any costs incurred by you, lost profits or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with any Modification.
ParkWhiz reserves the right to terminate this license at any time for any reason upon written notice to you. Upon such termination, you shall immediately cease any and all use of the ParkWhiz Content.
2. General License Conditions and Restrictions:
Your use of the ParkWhiz API is subject to the following conditions:
3. Application Approval:
You shall be responsible for all costs you incur in association with any required approval of your Application and any modifications necessary to meet the approval criteria and you will not be permitted to publicly display your Application until approval is complete.
4. Display of ParkWhiz Content and Logo:
You may only display the ParkWhiz Content in accordance with the guidelines set forth herein (including those provided to you by ParkWhiz or contained in the Developer Site).
ParkWhiz hereby grants you a non-exclusive license to display the ParkWhiz Logo as described herein (including those provided to you by ParkWhiz or contained in the Developer Site). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, ParkWhiz shall retain final approval over the placement of each such ParkWhiz Logo on your Application and your site, and such approval may be withdrawn or withheld in ParkWhiz's sole discretion.
5. Competitive or Similar Materials:
In no event shall ParkWhiz be precluded from discussing, reviewing, developing for itself, having developed, acquiring, licensing or developing for third parties, as well as marketing and/or distributing, materials which are competitive with your Application and/or other products or services provided by you (collectively, "Products"), irrespective of their similarity to current Products or those that you may develop hereafter.
6. API Call Limitations:
The number of API calls you will be permitted to make during any given time period will be limited as described in the materials provided to you by ParkWhiz or on the Developer Site. ParkWhiz will determine, in its sole and exclusive discretion, such API call limit (the "Call Limitation") based on various factors selected by ParkWhiz. Such factors may include, without limitation, the ways in which your Application may be used and/or the anticipated volume of usage associated with your Application. ParkWhiz may, in its sole and exclusive discretion, suspend your access to the API with or without notice to you in the event you exceed the Call Limitation.
7. Security and Stability:
You acknowledge that it is in the best interests of both parties that ParkWhiz maintain a secure and stable environment, to that end, ParkWhiz reserves the right to change the method of access to the API, the Database and/or ParkWhiz Content at any time. You also agree that, in the event of degradation or instability of ParkWhiz's system or an emergency, ParkWhiz may, in its sole discretion, temporarily suspend your access to the API, Database and/or ParkWhiz Content under this Agreement. Your continued access to the API, Database and ParkWhiz Content is subject to your compliance with the following security standards:
In addition to the foregoing, you agree that ParkWhiz may monitor your use of the API, your Application and the ParkWhiz content in order to ensure that all such use is proper and intended primarily to direct customers to the ParkWhiz site for legitimate purposes.
Last modified on February 2, 2018.