2012 Super Bowl Parking Reaching $900
Despite Cold Weather, ParkWhiz Sales Data Shows Prices are Rising, More People are Buying
Chicago, IL - Jan 26, 2012 – In the 72 hours following the announcement that the New England Patriots would be playing the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLVI, ParkWhiz.com reported an increase in Super Bowl parking and tailgating sales by 60% from this time last year. With the rise of real-time social networks like Twitter, ParkWhiz has been able to identify fans tweeting "parking sucks" or "no tailgating permitted" and inform them about available options minutes after they vent their frustration. That outreach has driven the sales increase, along with two large markets represented in the big game.
In just three days, New York has surged ahead of Indiana residents for total Super Bowl parking and tailgating sales. When factoring in New Jersey, close to one-third of parking sales comes from those two states, home of primarily Giants fans. The state of Massachusetts currently only accounts for less than 10% of overall sales. Rounding out the top five states is Ohio, with six percent.
|Other 45 states||42%|
* Data based on sales through ParkWhiz.com as of 1/25
Farthest buyer – Aiea, Hawaii – 4,455 miles - The buyer purchased a non-tailgate parking space for $49.50 that was 0.8 mile from Lucas Oil Stadium on January 25.
Closest buyer – Indianapolis, Indiana – 4 miles
Additional Super Bowl XLVI Sales Data:
- The average paid parking price (includes RV, tailgating) is $156; for Super Bowl XLV (2/6/11 Steelers-Packers): $140
- The price range for parking (includes RV, tailgating) is $39 - $1199; for Super Bowl XLV $33 - $1099
- ParkWhiz is the ONLY place for fans to lock in their Super Bowl tailgate space, as the NFL expressly forbids tailgating on their properties.
- The average tailgate spot cost $195; for Super Bowl XLV $147
- The NFL only has 2 parking garages totaling 4,000 spaces (non-tailgate/standard parking) for fans, located 0.5 and 0.8 miles away, costing $76 after taxes and fees.
- ParkWhiz has over 12,000 spaces across 40 parking facilities, ranging from 0.1 - 1.0 mile away, with the average non-tailgate/standard parking space costing $93. Parking 0.8 miles away costs $39. By comparison, the NFL offers a lot next door for $76.
- The average RV parking space costs $558; for Super Bowl XLV $806
ParkWhiz represents a breakthrough in the way people park With over 500 parking facilities in its network across the country, ParkWhiz helps people park their cars quickly and efficiently by providing user-friendly tools to make informed parking decisions. Drivers can go to http://www.parkwhiz.com to find parking information and purchase guaranteed parking at select locations across the country. Parking owners use ParkWhiz to offer new services, attract more customers, and increase revenues. ParkWhiz handles all transaction logistics, customer service and payment processing. ParkWhiz is a privately held company based in Chicago. For more information, please visit us at http://www.parkwhiz.com.
If you'd like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview, please call (888)-472-7594 or e-mail email@example.com.