Careers at ParkWhiz:
Sales Intern (Paid)
This position has been filled.
Want to look back in ten years and say "I was there"? Want to be part of a high-growth, disruptive and market leading technology company driven by innovation?
ParkWhiz is seeking an Entry-Level Sales Intern. Is it you?
This is NOT your typical coffee-getting, faxing and filing internship position. The Sales Intern will contribute to the team from day one, helping execute our market development strategy and working directly with our sales team. This is a great opportunity to work alongside a tight-knit executive team with a large network in the start-up and tech communities. At the end of the internship you will have delivered meaningful projects and will see your imprint on the organization.
Our intern will be an integral part of our team and must be ready to hit the ground running. The position will give you experience in research, analysis, client relations and teamwork in a dynamic environment.
Interested? Here are some day-to-day responsibilities:
- Shadow and support top Sales Executives.
- Contributing and maintaining a database of existing and prospective customers.
- Keeping apprised of developments across targeted industries through continuous market surveillance of trade literature, company reports and publications.
- Develop new techniques for acquiring customers.
- Making cold calls and setting appointments.
- Preparing demos and presentations.
- Assisting in tracking executive sales numbers.
- Assisting with additional projects and administrative tasks as necessary.
Qualifications? Here's what we're looking for:
- Outgoing and articulate.
- Ease on the phone and some customer service experience is preferred.
- Competence with most basic office programs and interest in learning new software.
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality. Attention to detail a must.
- Effective project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently.
- The ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with people at all levels of an organization.
- High level of integrity and ethical business practices, strong positive attitude in an entrepreneurial work environment.
- Highly motivated and organized, ability to work under pressure in high visibility, fast-paced, dynamic, matrix-ed environments with superior problem-solving skills and inherent "will-to-win".
- Willing to dedicate at least 20 hours a week for a period of three months.
- Have your own laptop.
- Available immediately.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce.com, Highrise, etc.).
- Previous sales experience.
- Business or Marketing majors is a plus.
What about compensation?
- We will work with your school for credit as applicable.
- Hourly wage
- You will be first in line for consideration for future employment.
Think you're the right fit? If you embrace challenge, work well in a team setting, and are driven to grow and excel in your career, drop us a line at email@example.com and tell us why. No phone calls accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted!
Launched in 2007 and located in Roscoe Village on the Northside of Chicago, ParkWhiz.com is the market leading provider of online parking bookings. ParkWhiz.com currently processes millions of dollars in transactions, and we're growing fast.