Careers at ParkWhiz:
PR Intern (Paid)
This is NOT your typical coffee-getting, faxing and filing internship position. The PR Intern is expected to contribute to the team from day one, helping execute our marketing strategy and generating press coverage for the company. Ideal interns would be enthusiastic about public relations, online marketing and entrepreneurship. This is a great opportunity to work with and receive mentorship from a tight-knit executive team with a large network in the startup and tech communities. At the end of the internship you will have delivered meaningful projects to list on your resume and you will be able to see your imprint on the organization.
ParkWhiz.com is a service where people can reserve a parking spot at any major event. With over two thousand parking locations to select from users can reserve a spot at almost every major sporting or concert event in the country. Our platform currently processes millions of dollars in transactions, and we're growing fast.
The ParkWhiz internship program requires a commitment from early March through the end of May and we will happily offer college course credit for your time here. We will do our best to create hours that accommodate your schedule, but a commitment of 3-4 days each week, totaling 20 hours per week is required. We recruit interns all year long.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify key reporters/bloggers by searching an industry leading database.
- Pitch ParkWhiz related story ideas to journalists.
- Contact bloggers to set up contests/giveaways.
- Write occasional blog posts.
- Write promotional materials.
- Experience writing persuasive copy.
- Major in English or Marketing.
- A strong interest in publicity and marketing.
- Team player with strong analytical and project management skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented individual who works well with deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-changing environment.
Nice to have
- Previous experience in PR or online marketing.
- Previous experience in writing for a newspaper or blog.
Please send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include any examples of persuasive writing you have worked on.
ParkWhiz is a Chicago-based Internet startup company that's rapidly growing in markets across the United States. Currently in 25 cities covering 90+ major venues, such as Wrigley Field, the Staples Center, and Cowboys Stadium, ParkWhiz is THE place to find and reserve parking near favorite destinations across the country. As our slogan goes, "You've got guaranteed tickets. Why not guaranteed parking?" ParkWhiz has recently partnered with several high profile ticketing companies and entertainment venues to help consumers save time, money, and frustration when it comes to parking.