Careers at ParkWhiz:
Marketing Intern (Paid)
This is NOT your typical coffee-getting, faxing and filing internship position. The Marketing Intern is expected to contribute to the team from day one, helping execute our marketing strategy and working directly with our product team in an ongoing effort to improve our site. Ideal interns would be enthusiastic about tech, entrepreneurship, internet marketing with knowledge of Pay Per Click marketing. This is a great opportunity to work with, and receive mentorship from, a tight-knit executive team with a large network in the startup and tech communities. At the end of the internship you will have delivered meaningful projects to list on your resume and you will be able to see your imprint on the organization.
This paid position represents a terrific opportunity to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, especially for someone who is interested in marketing and/or analytics. If you think your particular skills and experience would add to our team, we would love to hear from you. The ParkWhiz internship program requires a commitment from early October through mid-December. and we will happily offer college course credit for your time here. We will do our best to create hours that accommodate your class schedule, but a commitment of 3 to 4 days each week, totaling 15 to 32 hours per week is required. We recruit interns all year long.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating, expanding & maintaining our search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives
- Bid management
- A/B Testing
- Analyze metric data, perform keyword research and analysis, compile summary reports, and perform regular performance reviews of conversion metrics and present recommendations based on those results to team
- Research and devise effective go-to-market strategies and assist in the refinement of the overall marketing plan
- Develop segment-specific marketing communications based on company goals, brand, and market initiatives
- Work closely with the engineering team in creating and implementing search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) programs
- Develop metrics and establish analytics for key performance criteria for online and offline marketing campaigns
- Help manage company and industry related blog, including content creation, blog management, and promotion
- Remain updated on ALL marketing and market trends within the social networking space and internet in general
- Experience with search engine marketing
- Knowledge of keyword analysis and conversion analysis
- Experience with consumer-facing, interactive web sites
- Team player with strong analytical and project management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented individual who works well with deadlines
- Willingness to learn, switch roles as necessary, and to roll up one's sleeves to get a job done
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-changing environment
- A clear interest in marketing, publicity, and social media
Nice to have
- 3+ years in consumer marketing, with 2+ years in the Internet space
- Experience in analytics or a flair for the application of mathematical models to business problems
- College student or Master's candidate in marketing, economics, business, sociology, psychology, mathematics, physics, or engineering
Please send resume and a cover letter about why you are the perfect intern for ParkWhiz to email@example.com! Please include any examples of internet marketing campaigns you have worked on.
ParkWhiz.com is the number one place to find and reserve a guaranteed parking space before you reach your destination. In addition, ParkWhiz creates software to help parking owners manage and market their parking using the ParkWhiz website, mobile apps, and data APIs. Our platform currently processes millions of dollars in transactions, and we're growing fast.