Careers at ParkWhiz
Technology | Chicago, IL, United States
ParkWhiz is looking for a Frontend Developer with a passion for optimizing user experiences. We're in an exciting and rapidly evolving industry that requires constant innovation, evaluation, and iteration. Help us perfect the parking experience.
You will be taking the lead on all frontend development, and have a great deal of influence over site and mobile UI and UX.
Some examples of things you'll do include:
- Identify opportunities to A/B test potential site improvements, and implement them
- Work with the Art Director to design site-wide refreshes, landing pages, email templates, then implement them
- Audit the site on a mobile device to find and fix points of friction
- Keep a UI pattern library and work with the rest of the engineering team to enforce consistent interactions
- Work with the mobile developers to improve the time and duration UIs
- Conduct hallway usability tests
- Find and recommend new FE tools, plugins, and frameworks
- Be the primary developer, shepherd, and guardian of our frontend frameworks
Skills & Requirements
You'll be working with most of the following, so an understanding or familiarity with some of them would help: LESS, Sass, Coffeescript, Haml, Angular, Jquery.
Above all we're looking for bright, motivated, passionate engineers who want to work with the same.
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Flexible schedules
- Paid holidays and generous vacation
- Workstation of your choice
- Casual office with stocked kitchen and ping pong
- and of course, parking discounts
Founded in 2006, Chicago based ParkWhiz.com pioneered the eParking marketplace and has since become the industry standard and market share leading platform for event and downtown parking bookings across the country. ParkWhiz has extraordinarily strong revenue growth and ongoing product innovations that continue to change the way people think about parking.
ParkWhiz.com attracts highly-competitive over-achievers who thrive in a dynamic environment. Employees enjoy the rewards and challenges associated with a constantly evolving market leading technology company. If you embrace challenge, work well in a team setting, and are driven to grow and excel in your career, we'd like to hear from you.
To apply for this position email your resume or portfolio email@example.com and tell us why you'd be perfect for the job. Please include "Frontend Developer" in the email subject line. No phone calls or recruiters accepted.
ParkWhiz.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.