Careers at ParkWhiz:
ParkWhiz is looking for a developer help us make parking suck less. Our stack is PHP, MySQL, nginx, Redis, and ElasticSearch, with a dash of Python. We're a small team, and we work smart and fast.
The ideal candidate has a "t-shaped" skillset, meaning they have deep experience in one area (frontend, backend, mobile, devops, etc) but a broad understanding of the full stack. Experience working on large e-commerce sites or web apps is a big plus, as are side projects or open-source contributions. We put a pretty big emphasis on code quality – expect a technical interview where we discuss CS topics and write some code.
You'll get some challenging problems to work on - complex pricing models, GIS data, transaction processing, mobile apps - and flexibility to choose the best tools for the job.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible hours
- Paid vacation and time off
- Quiet, spacious office
- Company-sponsored health insurance
- Choose your own equipment
- Fluency in at least one backend scripting language. (PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc)
- Comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Experience using Git, SVN, CVS, or Mercurial.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of features.
- A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies.
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- Ability to work on-site at ParkWhiz's office in downtown Chicago.
Nice to have
- iPhone or Android development experience.
- Linux server administration.
- Experience with e-commerce, credit card authorization, and billing.
- Familiarity with A/B testing.
To apply, please email email@example.com and tell us about yourself. Resumes are welcome, but we're much more interested in your work so provide some links in your email.
ParkWhiz.com is the number one place to find and reserve a guaranteed parking space before you reach your destination. In addition, ParkWhiz creates software to help parking owners manage and market their parking using the ParkWhiz website, mobile apps, and data APIs. Our platform currently processes millions of dollars in transactions, and we're growing fast.