Careers at ParkWhiz:
Marketing | Chicago, IL, United States
This position has been filled.
Founded in 2006, Chicago based ParkWhiz.com pioneered the eParking marketplace and has since become the industry standard and market share leading platform for event and downtown parking bookings across the country. ParkWhiz has extraordinarily strong revenue growth and ongoing product innovations that continue to change the way people think about parking.
ParkWhiz is a fast-paced company in need of Communications Manager who will help build and manage our ongoing marketing programs. This role coordinates with Marketing and Consumer Relations departments, as well as external PR agencies and vendors.
To thrive in this role, you'll need to love variety, work independently, communicate well and be super organized. We are looking for a motivated individual with a proven track record in a Marketing department or agency. You may have experience from a different field other than small business or technology, but will have a proven ability to work under pressure and prioritize.
The diversity of this role means you will be involved in many aspects of the company and will be a key part of a small team. You will report directly to our VP of Marketing.
- Develop and maintain public relations programs in coordination with our PR agency. Includes developing press releases, coordinating company events, and managing media interviews. Also identify and manage influencers in the social, blog, and editorial communities
- Directly oversee and manage our social media strategy and conversation calendar. Includes managing our branded spaces such as Facebook and Twitter, along with leading our online advocacy programs. Develop our company social media policies and keep us out of trouble
- Maintain PR and social media reports, key benchmarks, and campaign summaries
- Develop and maintain communication calendars in coordination with Marketing, Sales, and PR agency
- Coordinate with Consumer Relations to identify and resolve customer issues voiced through social media
- Manage vendor lists and identify prospective vendors for marketing programs
- Assist with development of marketing campaigns in coordination with internal staff and external agencies
- Develop marketing case studies
- Track competition and provide quarterly analysis for company summit meetings
- 2 - 5 years experience working in a Marketing department or agency. Ideally in the role of PR, social media, and/or consumer community management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Everyone outside of Marketing uses Google Docs
- Experience with social media tools for managing brand platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), creating measurement reports, and consumer listening/monitoring
- Experience with online marketing is required. E-commerce marketing is a bonus, but not mandatory. Extra credit for experience in the transportation/travel industry
- Would be great if you have worked directly with the media in a PR function
- Innate ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced and highly-demanding environment. Did we mention that we're small and you will have a ton of responsibilities?
- Must exercise sound judgment with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- College degree preferred
ParkWhiz.com attracts highly-competitive over-achievers who thrive in a dynamic environment. Employees enjoy the rewards and challenges associated with a constantly evolving market leading technology company. If you embrace challenge, work well in a team setting, and are driven to grow and excel in your career, we'd like to hear from you.
Only qualified candidates need apply. If you meet the criteria for this position email your resume and one-page cover letter telling us why you'd be perfect for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Communications Manager" in the email subject line. No phone calls or recruiters accepted.
ParkWhiz.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.